Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer on the Cape

As many of you know, I am heading to Cape Cod for a week long break from humidity and reality and I'm SO excited I may burst! To prepare, I have started compiling a list of things to do, places to see, and goodies to eat while we are on the Cape.

Captain Parker's Pub in West Yarmouth: this 28 year old pub is known for its famous Captain's Chowder. Rachel Ray loved it on $40 a Day so I have to give it a try.

Captain Frosty's Fish & Chips Seafood in Dennis: Fish and chips, lobster rolls, clam cakes - what more can I say?

The Box Lunch: with 8 locations on the Cape, this place has been serving up inexpensive, high quality lunches for years - Sandwiches or Rollwiches made with pita bread, fresh ingredients, fresh meat and seafood for around $6 each.

Cape Cod Winery: a visit to beautiful vineyards where 6 varieties of grapes are grown and made into award winning wines - and wine tasting is a must!

Jealous yet? For those of you staying in town here are a few places that would make you feel like you're on the water.

Tackle Box on M Street in Georgetown: order a Lobster Pot to go and enjoy it down by the water or dine in at the wooden picnic tables and enjoy the "Maine Meal" where you choose a fish (crispy or grilled), a sauce, and two sides for only $13. Insanely fresh and delicious!

Legal Sea Food in Chinatown: a great Happy Hour from 4-7 that includes $2 PBR cans, $2 off cocktails, well drinks, and wine, and a food menu with 6 HUGE oysters for only $6 and snow crab legs for $10. The regular menu is great too with yummy fried clams and a decent chowda.

So if any of you have been to the Cape please post your suggestions! I will let you all know where I end up and how I eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment