Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jah Guide...

As many of you know, I am off to Jamaica for three weeks where I will be a teacher on one of Learn-Serve International's summer trips. I will be one of three adults, travelling around the island with eight hard-working and deserving students from the DC area.
On this trip we will be volunteering our time tutoring under privileged students in Kingston and a small town in the Blue mountains with KBC Learning. While service is the official mission of this trip, the chance to experience a new culture and share our own is just as important.
With this in mind, I will be invading kitchens whenever I can, to hear the stories that can only be told over a steaming pot, to try some island recipes, and to learn more about Jamaica than can ever be learned from a book (or a Sean Paul video).
So I will try to find some wi-fi and check in, but if not "Jah Guide" and see you soon!
-Maisha
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment