Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's a new day!

Hello and welcome to Born Hungry!

This blog will is my attempt to share with you all my not-so-secret obsession: FOOD! Starting today, I will be sharing my thoughts and opinions on the new restaurants I try, recipes I attempt, or whatever crosses my plate!

A little about me: I am 26 and the child of Liberian parents which means I was raised to believe that food is not to be taken lightly and that if it isn't sweet, it's not worth eating.

I
have lived in Washington, DC for the past 2 years but I been in the DMV area since I was 13. Living in DC means there are thousands of great restaurants and bars to choose from and I've made it my unofficial mission over the last two years to try as many of them as possible.

So what gets me excited about a place? A great happy hour and cheap eats always tickle my fancy as does a perfectly balanced plate prepared by one of the area's premier chefs. But the ONE THING I can't get enough of is food that looks and tastes like someone's mama made it - be it a Liberian ol ma or Salvadorean abuelita, I absolutely love food that tastes like it is full of heart and soul!

I look forward to this journey that I hope will be filled with only the BEST food out there... hope you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment