Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Still love the old, but in with the Brau


I love Natty Boh.

For those of you who don't know, National Bohemian is considered Baltimore's local beer, although it is now brewed in Milwaukee, and purports itself to be "From the Land of Pleasant Living". I've been drinking it since I made the purely economic decision to embrace brewskies and at anywhere between $1-3/can, it was a logical choice (also see, PBR).

If I really think about why I Natty Boh, I must say it's
not necessarily the taste and more about the feeling of drinking what generations of "Marylanders" have enjoyed - most likely for next to no money and with a great bag of Utz Salt and Vinegar chips.

That being said, there may be a new beer to find a place in my heart... the District's first brewery in almost 50 years, DC Brau Brewing Company has released it's first brew: The Public. Described as an "easy drinking pale ale", it sounds like it would fit right into my Natty Boh/PBR niche.

I'll most likely be giving it a try at Marvin or Little Miss Whiskey's, but check out the complete list of w
here you can find it at DC Brau's website.





No comments:

Post a Comment